Monday, August 23, 2010

My husband wants me to get my tubes tied... advice please?

We are currently expecting our first on November 28th, a boy. My husband has stated numerous times that he doesn't want anymore children, and wants me to get my tubes tied. Although I am in no way ready for another child (I haven't even had my first yet!) I am not sure that I want to get my tubes tied... it seems too permanent. I have suggested Vasectomy, or Mirena, and he isn't budging. At this point I don't want more kids either, but I am scared to death to have my options closed if I decide (or we decide) that we want another child in the future. Any advice is greatly appreciated.. no rude comments please. ThanksMy husband wants me to get my tubes tied... advice please?
If you have any doubts I would not do it. You have no idea how you or he will feel later. He may just feel this way now because of the anxiety of having your first baby. I would wait and use another method of birth control.My husband wants me to get my tubes tied... advice please?
You should follow his example, and NOT BUDGE. Having your tubes tied is a completely invasive procedure, much more so than a vasectomy. If he won't consider a vasectomy, why should you consider getting your tubes tied? It is your body, be firm with him. Your reproductive rights are yours alone.





There are many serious side effects associated with tubal ligation. Maybe you could look up the risks associated with the procedure, and discuss them with him. Stress to him the fact that this is a serious surgery not to be taken lightly.





But please, whatever you do, make sure you are doing it because it is what YOU want.
the fact is that women have indoor plumbing and to have your tubes tied is more invasive even after delivery. men have outdoor plumbing and a vasectomy is a lot simpler and less painful. taking care of your first baby is a lot of work and you don't need extra discomfort to deal with. you will be sleep-deprived enough. insist that he'll go for it
I don't know that they will actually let you get one if you are under a certain age with only one child. I would get the copper IUD that lasts 10 years. My hubby and i didn't want any more either and now we are expecting a baby that was planned. The bottom line is it's your body. The End. If he wants something done to a body....tell him to get it done!
Um, if he's not willing to get a vasectomy then he has no business telling you to get your tubes tied. His procedure is less risky and much easier; he can walk out of the doctor's office after it's done. You, on the other hand, will be in the hospital for a few days.
F*** him! He's so dead sure let him get a vasectomy. What if someday you are widowed or divorced, get remarried and want more kids!!! Uh-uh. You're not sure so you should NOT do it. Oh yeah, I've gotten my tubes tied so it's not like I'm against it or anything...but I was certain it was the right choice for me. Oh I am so mad at your husband right now...again F*** him!!!
I think he's being a bit insensitive to be demanding you to get your tubes tied. If it's simply a matter of preventing pregnancy again, he should get a vasectomy since that's part of his body...at least that's reversible. Don't get your tubes tied if you have doubts.
I know where I live, you have to be a certain age with a certain number of children for them to do it. I would talk to your husband and tell him you are not going to do it until you are sure. I found a graph that says how many people get pregnant with certain forms of birth control. Hope the best for you and remember, it's your body.





http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/鈥?/a>
If you are even a little unsure then one do it,its a much bigger op than his. If he wants to do it then thats different, But it is to permanant
I know this don't have anything to do with ur question but we have the same due date n wanted to ask u a personal question email me please zyandjss@yahoo.com thanks. Btw... Don't do that!! Let him get fixed!
Tell his butt to go get a vasectomy or wear a condom.
its your body..u decide
I would NEVER let anyone tell me what to do regarding this subject. There are soooo many other forms of reliable birth control out there why does he want you to have your tubes tied??? I think he wants to control you i would bluntly tell him NO that you will not get something so permanant and extreme done and he either deals with it or gets lost. I am 39 weeks pregnant with my 5th child and after i had my first i would have never thought that i would one day be having a 5th, you never know what life will bring you, but you need options, don't let him take that away from you.
For me personally if it were my husband wanting me to get my tubes tied I would say no, and tell him that HE can get a vasectomy done.


I have read that it is less invasive for a man to have it done, I think he is being selfish if he won't consider it, plus you will have carried his child for 9 months so why won't he consider it? Also if your under 30 I think you might have a hard time convincing a Dr to do the procedure if you have had only 1 child.


Something you also need to also consider is what if one day you are no longer together and if you are with another man? What if you then want more children? You never know what the future holds.


I hope my post doesn't seem too blunt/rude, just my opinion.


Make sure you make the right decision for you aswell, not just what he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment