Sunday, August 22, 2010

Husband and I are taking time apart, need advice?

Me and my husband are taking some time apart and this may be for good this time. We argue constantly and never agree on anything. Well today he sends me a text message telling me his sister is in the hospital because she OD'd on heroin. She has been a known user and addict in the past. I want to be there for him because they are really close, but i feel like Ill be letting him back in and thats not what I want right now. I really think we need a break or to just need to be apart indefinitly. We do love each other but he doesnt think he needs to work on anything, just thinks i do. Its a long story. Anyway, what should i do? Dont even recommend counseling, he wont go, sadly.Husband and I are taking time apart, need advice?
same situation......... my husband needs to admit he needs work, sadly he knows this but wont. he thinks just being nice to me will do...... ha ha


anyway your seperation can go two ways. u can have the LEAVE MA ALONE kind of seperation.... which i dont recommend being you two still love eachother.


or u can have the, im not dating u but will be there for you kind of seperation. this is where u two will be there for eachother... when needed. this will keep the lines of communication open so u two can work on things together when ready.





i say go see his sister. let her know she is still your family.Husband and I are taking time apart, need advice?
Well since I feel that you can't possibly work on your relationship while not being together, given that you don't want to be together, why would you care what happens to his sister? To me, separation means ';I love you but I can't be around you right now'; so if I were in your position and was adamant about separating, I'd send my best wishes to him and his sister and let that be that. I don't believe in sending mixed signals.
I think that you should be there for him. But express to him and tell him that you want to be there for him emotionally through the hard time but that you guys still have some working out to do. In my opinion I would want my partner to be there for me even if things weren't go all that great.
yOU CAN tell him you are there for him if he needs someone to talk to etc... but you don't have to ';be there for him'; as far as sleeping with him ... know what your BOUNDARIES ARE- and be there for him as a friend-- and don't let things cross that boundary.
You need to be there for him at this time of need. You can always separate after, but leaving him alone right now is not the right thing to do!
You may regret this time apart........What happens if he finds a shoulder to comfort him? Then you're gonna be back here asking what to do with your husband who's been unfaithful to you.......Please think about it! 鈾モ櫏
you need to go to blockbuster and rent the movie fireproof watch it! if you can get him to have him watch it too.
sounds a lot like my ex husband..... If you are FED UP... and assuming by your question you are STAND YOUR GROUND and don't let him back in.....
be there for him. he needs you, if not as a wife, as a friend.
Marriage is work, and time. You both need to talk about what your needs are. Actually listen to eachother. People tend to tune out what isnt ';there Problem'; but marriage EVERYTHING is your problem.





Maybe it is his fault, but in his mind its your fault.





Did you think about that?





add on





WOW! okay! Then maybe you should just take time off. I know the time. Dated a few myself. I hope he will learn that everyone has things they need to work on to keep things going.
If he won't go to counseling then he isn't willing to give your marriage 100%.





I hated the thought of counseling,hated it! But then I was advised this-


Give your marriage 100%,make it your top priority and if you try with all that you have to make it work and it still doesn't, then at least you can walk away with your head held high.





We did counseling and things could not be better:) Happier now than when we first got married actually!





If he won't budge,or try with you-go by yourself. If after time he still won't compromise or take notice in your efforts at least you know you tried.Pride is an ugly thing.





As for his sister-be there for him emotionally. You are still his wife so prove to him that you do care and will always be there for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment