Monday, August 23, 2010

Apparently my husband blacked out while drinking last night, any advice?

We were partying with some friends and 75% of everything that happened last night he swears up and down happened 2 weeks ago. I drank a little but was mostly sober the whole night. Now we've gotten into a huge argument and he thinks i'm crazy and I don't know how to make him realize that everything happened last night! He made me a paper flower and I showed it to him and he told me he made it 2 weeks ago. Our friends are out of town now so they can't tell him that it was last night. I need some help because it's gone beyond bad now.Apparently my husband blacked out while drinking last night, any advice?
He probably knows deep inside that it was last night, but is afraid of having a drinking problem and even more afraid of anyone else finding out he's got a drinking problem. Let it go for now. He won't change until he wants to and if you love him for better or worse, this is probably the ';worse'; part.





It took several blackouts for me to admit to myself I had a problem.Apparently my husband blacked out while drinking last night, any advice?
It sounds like he either drank too much to remember anything or maybe is getting Alzheimer's (seriously). Try to get him to see his doctor to get an evaluation done and tell him if the doctor says hes normal then you will back off and leave him alone. Just tell him you want to be safe and make sure he's ok but if he's stubborn, I don't think he will agree to go to the doctors. Good luck to you.
He blacked out because he reached a new level of INTOXICATION...and you let him..now you want him to remember exactly everything that happened...lol...he probably wasn't even here..when he was drunk...for all he knows..he was on the moon last night...alcohol will do that to do you...


drop it, move on, and live another day..cause he's not going to remember anything...
most of the time one can remember some of the things that happened. perhaps he should limit is alcohol intake if it is going to create problems in the relationship. why does he think you would lie to him about it. those things happen when drinking, and i think fighting over what happened is stupid. today is a new day, no one got hurt, it was a good night.
Wait for him to completely sober up and get out of the hangover. Next, explain to him everything that happened that night, and tell him he shouldn't drink so much next time.
I would suggest humor. Most people have issues with thing that occured when they were asleep or drunk.





If you love him, smile, and laugh. Accept him as human.
That is not something worth arguing about. Just let him believe it happened two weeks ago and get on with your life.
Sounds like he should quit drinking to me, but thats easier said than done, i would just forget about it for now.
he is a total jerk ... he needs to quit drinking and is in total denial .... tell him its quitsville unless he grows up quits drinking and cleans up his act .........
stop talking about it


play a game of yahtzee


everyone loves yahtzee
It sounds like you need to contact AA. Even if he won't go, they have meetings for family members of alcoholics
Just let him think what he wants. Don't worry about it.
Wow, why even argue about that?
The only time I have passed out from drinking was on my 21st birthday. After that I realized how embarrassing and dangerous it was. But up to the point when I was unable to carry myself I can still remember the night. I think its crazy when people say ';I was so drunk I don't remember what happened last night';. People can remember until the point they past out, then its all fogy after that. Maybe your husband did something very embarrassing or regretted. So he's blaming it on loss of memory our drinking. But whats very weird is that even if he was drunk he made you a paper flower. It must not have been a very complex paper flower. Have him make you a paper flower when he is sober. Then compare it to the paper flower he made when he was drunk. Look for any major flaws to the drunk one he made. If he did make you a flower two weeks ago cam-pare it to that one as well (Oh wait there is'nt one). This will help prove that the made imperfections to the flower when he was drunk. But even if he dos finally realize he was wrong, men really don't say there wrong. So if all els fails just wait for your friends to back. We all have choose are battles and as a married couple you should not finish the day with resentment. P.S. Ask him what your birthday is, if he doesn't know then yes he dos have a problem. P.P.S. Maybe someone slipped him a mickey in his drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment