Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm need advice about how to deal with my husband when in my heart I know it's over.?

I have been unhappy for 3+ years due to my husbands verbal abuse %26amp; other issues. I had begged, cried, screamed, threatned to try to get him to change....I told him 6+ months ago that he had pushed me so far away I was not in love with him anymore. He asked me a few weeks ago how close I was to leaving him %26amp; I told him on a scale of 1 to 10 I was about a 2. This weekend he totally crossed the line %26amp; did/said things that I'm not willing to forgive. I no longer feel safe around him. We do have 1 child together %26amp; unfortunately we live in MS where if he isn't willing I will not be able to divorce him...being miserable is not just cause. UGH! I got him to leave b/c he knew how bad he had messed up. He is now begging, pleading, crying %26amp; it doesn't phase me one bit. He says he wants to go to counseling, I think it's a waste of time but he said if I go %26amp; we can't work it out he will not fight a divorce (which I don't believe...it will kill him to give up control). I don't know what else to do!I'm need advice about how to deal with my husband when in my heart I know it's over.?
First of all this is your decision to make so take my comment and do with it as you please. He's finally out of the house -good, finally. I bet you feel really good now. Don't let him ove back in. Change the locks. 15-27$ for new bolt lock and turn knob at Home depot. Just bought two myself. It's up to you if you want counceling then do it. Honestly in your heart you know it's over so yea I agree it's a waste of time. If he starts getting pushy threaten or file a safety order. If he won't agree to a divorce right now so be it. Get him out of your live as much as possible, he will come around and decide he wants a divorce once he decideds he wants to play the field. This is a new chapter in your life now, start living it for YOU and your child. Put yourself first from now on. You can do it on your own I promise. You may just have to make some sacrifises. I just had my husband move out two weeks ago. Monday was our 6yr wedding anniversary 13 years together total. He was not abusive but I have not been in love with him for many years now and I was miserable with myself. I am a new person loving life. After a lot of whining and crying I have the support of my soon to be ex. He wants me to be happy even if he is heartbroken that it is not with him.I'm need advice about how to deal with my husband when in my heart I know it's over.?
If you have made up your mind then no harm in going to counseling. Let him pay for it and lay it all out on the table. Let the counselor know that your heart isn't in it anymore and let that be that.
go to therapy. Even if your marriage doesn't work out or the therapy doesn't help your marriage, you will learn a lot about yourself and teach you how to seek out healthy relationships later on if you get divorced.





Good Luck
i don't know why in ms why you can't get a divorce if he don't agree from what you said the verbal abuse and other should be enought and mostly if you don't feel safe around him you need to get away especially sinece there is a baby.maybe go to an abuse shelter and let them help you with a divorce,contact someone to help you,good luck
just tell him the longer you wait the more it will hurt
Habitual cruel and inhuman treatment is one of the grounds for divorce in MS. Verbal abuse is considered as such, I would think. Check with a lawyer.
i say leave move out of the state if you have to you dont have to get a divorce right away to be legally seperated so just go
you already know what yo do,for one thing he is a control freak, he is not going to stop fighting you once he get back in, if he want help he would go to get help by is self .not with you,he would do this for his self.if you do not love him ,why would go back.and you need go to counseling for your self to get your self esteem back
hey i also live in ms and im here to tell ya if you wanna divorce and he wont do it get a lawyer and divorce him you can so do it here i know been there and done that talk to a lawyer and see whatz up also if he is crazy like that you can sign to commit him to mental rehab i have been there too you do have options here just have to speak to the right people good luck
If you are afraid of him, you have grounds to leave him in any state in the US. You can leave him. He sounds like a classic abuser/manipulator. If you don't think he will change, you might as well leave him now. If there is any hope at all you might as well go to the therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment