Monday, August 23, 2010

HELP!!! I need ALOT of advice for moving over seas with my husband whos in the ARMY!!?

He just went active duty in April and is finishing up training right now and he leaves for Germany on the 26th and they haven't added us (me and our son) to his orders yet. They're coming to pack our house on friday and then coming back to get stuff on next mon, tues, and wed. I'm stressing out BIG time and I need major guidance because they ARMY isn't isn't giving us any.HELP!!! I need ALOT of advice for moving over seas with my husband whos in the ARMY!!?
All I can say is - chill - it will all get taken care of because no matter what - you're going!


And, you're lucky. Germany is a great place to live - I've been here 2 1/2 years and I love it.


If you have any specific questions, email me or post again and I'll answer.HELP!!! I need ALOT of advice for moving over seas with my husband whos in the ARMY!!?
What answers are you looking for? I see the post but there is no question listed.





LOL - I see everything that you wrote but there is no actual question you are asking. What are you stressed about? What guidance are you looking for? You can here for advice but I don't understand what you want answered. Are you looking for timelines for what happens next? Are you wanting to know what to do now?
They are packing you out but you and your son are not on the orders? I would have your husband talk to his command immediately! You are going to need a military passport before they can even put you on a place and those can take some time. This should have been addressed long before now. Even if they expedite things, it is doubtful you will be going when your spouse does. Unfortunately, only your husband can address this..he needs to get moving ASAP.
if you aren't on his orders you can do NOTHING until he gets them amended and command sponsorship approved. once you get Command sponsorship, you must do the overseas screening, get your No fee and Tourist Passports and then wait for them to arrange travel.





I am surprised you got a packout date without his having accompanied Orders with Command sponsorship.
Germanys not a bad place to go, epically if your son is at that age where languages can be picked up easily, most Germans speak atleast 3 languages including english.
they have a family center to help you get around when you get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment