Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need advice!! lol Thank you ';gift'; for my husband, please give honest ideas!?

I don't know where to start quite honestly.





We had our 3rd (and last~tubal) baby Dec.8th. He was going to take 8 weeks off from that day, but we've decided it in everyones best interest to go back starting next Saturday.





He has gone out of his way to help me, in literally all aspects imaginable. I've not had to do much more than breastfeed the baby, and intereact with our kids.





I'd like to do something special for him as a thank you.


I can't figure out what to do though.





We've been together 7 years this March, married 5 this Aug. (long enough to feel like an idiot for not knowing what to get him)





We are fairly homebodied people, live simply/modestly. Most of our time is spent at home, or out as a family. He isn't into video games, but does like music. He played sports in his younger days, mainly baseball. He is a fairly passive, easy going person by nature. And is very hard to shop for!





lol I'm lost!!!!





I'm 22, he's 27. (if that even matters)





Do any men/women on here have ANY decent ideas that he may like.





I have already considered the whole ';romantic night'; thing, with lingere, massage oils, ect. But that's a ';norm'; thing for us....so I want to go for something ginuinely special, not just inticing or sexual (no offense, but that is what most men say to do....been there).





So again, do any of you have ANY ideas at all. Anything that would make your life easier, or that you'd enjoy daily.





He works, and I'm an at home mom. So anything that would make his days easier is what I'm shooting for!!!!





So embarrassing, but I'm hoping someone can help me out here lol.....I need advice!! lol Thank you ';gift'; for my husband, please give honest ideas!?
this isn't necessarily going to make his life easier, but he might appreciate it.. there are websites you can get a picture of the way the stars were in the sky at a particular place on a particular night. maybe can do the first day you met if you know the date, or your wedding date. just a really cool thing to frame and put on the wall.I need advice!! lol Thank you ';gift'; for my husband, please give honest ideas!?
The ability to start a project, complete the project, and be able to put every thing away without having to stop every few minutes to take care of the kids.
i like the personalised homemade card idea, it is something i think he might love - he seems like that sort of guy from what you have said.


you are very lucky to have him, wish i could find one just like him.
Get a a silver id bracelet with all your childrens names carved on it :3


like





';-name - name - name - 3 stars i give to you-





:3 something like that ^^
Buy him a hand held game. Maybe sudoku, poker, slots, reversi, chess, etc. Whatever might interest him when he has some idle time.
electronics, accessories for his hobbies, if he is a tool guy get a gift card.
rent a jumping castle, that would be interesting.
An ipod? They engrave a message on new ones
If he likes cars, this website is good





http://www.caagis.com
ipod and like a card for 100 free songs or somethingg..
Does he have to drive any distance to work? Is he in the car a half an hour or so each way? Do you have decent radio stations? What does he have in his car for a radio/cd player/tape player?





If he likes music, then getting him something to improve his daily commute would probably be appreciated and would make his days easier. I know someone whose commute is completely different now that he has XM satellite radio. He listens to the comedy channels and he's laughing in the car on the way to work.





Getting satellite radio can be pricey, so here are some other ideas.





***Does he like audio books? Did you know that many libraries have contracts with companies that allow you to download audio books online and listen to them on your home computer/portable device and some allow burning to CDs. Why not check out your local library and see what they offer and download some books for him? (You may need a new player depending on the formats your library offers.)








****If he has an older car and no cd player---but you have cds or an mp3 player at home---then you could get one of those inexpensive converter things so you can play cds or the mp3 in the car. It looks like an audio cassette with a wire running out of one side. The wire plugs into a cd player or mp3 player and the cassette goes into the car cassette player and TA-DAH! you can listen to your mp3 or cd player in the car. I have one and I think it is awesome.








He sounds like a wonderful guy. Best wishes to all of you :)
You should make a card with a picture of baby on front and inside write in it with kid handwriting ';to daddy, thank you for looking after me and mummy so much. We don't know what we'd do without you'; or something like that. Saw one and thought it was sooo cute! Although maybe a little creepy??





Try something more sentimental rather than kinky, like a , if you've put a lot of thought into it, it will show him you really mean it.





Oooh, or get a big family photo of you and get it blown up, that would be cute too.
My boyfriend is picky and I never know what to get him so I just buy his favorite things,You said he likes music, so maybe a CD that he has been wanting and a Thank You card.





Edit~ Wood burning kits are neat.





If I think of more I will come back and add.
Does he have a favorite TV show or movie that you can get him the DVD for? I had no idea what to get mine for christmas so I got him the first season of the Muppet Show. he watches with the kids and laughs like a fool and it has brought back so many childhood memories for him.





I also got him a foot spa...it heats up and makes bubbles.( it was around 20$)..my husband thought he was too ';manly'; at first but once he saw how great his feet felt he uses it all the time before bed! So if your husband works on his feet and is sore sometimes that is a nice treat.





I never know what to get mine either lol Maybe those ideas will help :)
u can have seven small things.. for each wonderful year you have been together.. different and one can be ur usual (:)) stuff. some CD (gr8 love songs) u both love/ special to u... some recipe he loves a lot and u have not been ab;e to cook for a long time.. and so on.. all packed in one day..

No comments:

Post a Comment