Sunday, August 22, 2010

Husband just laid off from 2nd job, i'm pregnant, any advice 2 help us while looking for new job? lost $1200/m?

made about $2600/month


now down to $1400/month





have one child, 18 months


pregnant now





mortgage itself is $800/month


van payment is $250/month


vehicle insurance $145/month





not including utilities, student loan payment, groceries, gas, diapers, food,......Husband just laid off from 2nd job, i'm pregnant, any advice 2 help us while looking for new job? lost $1200/m?
Firstly, even if you can't keep up, continue to be accountable. On computer or note book continue to record expenses and income. I, for example, keep my grocery reciepts until I've recorded them in an Excel spreadsheet. I might miss recording one or two expenses, but each month, I have a pretty good idea of how much my standard of living is costing me.





Groceries is something you can really work on. I do all the time. I respect you're feeding 2 when you feed yourself, but you could buy cheaper brand toiletries like cheaper toilet paper, shampoo, detergents, tissues, toothpasste etc.





Think of food that you buy that doesn't go off in a hurry. Write a list of these foods. On your shopping list, include a column with the heading 'special'.





For example, I'm a big tea drinker. Before shopping I looked in the cupboard and saw that there was enough boxes of tea bags. Instead of skipping it on the list, I'll put it under the 'Special' column. At the supermarket, I'll still go down the coffee and tea aisle. If tea is on special, I'll stock up. If not, I'll leave it. This way it's not hit and miss when the supermarket discounts a grocery item I buy and use regularly.





Brand selecting for similar items. Today as I was about to buy 4 2Ltr milk for the week, I thought maybe there's milk cheaper. Say 30c. That's a saving of $.1.20 * 52 weeks which equals $64.40 tax free years. That took me 5 seconds. If you can do that with just 2 or 3 items, you've just wiped out a months vehicle insurance.





Finally buy larger qantity items. The price might scare you, but it works out cheeper because of cheaper packaging costs.





Baby sit other kids for extra money. You might want to check if there is any laws or tax on that first.





Sell things. Garage sale, ebay, pawn stores etc.Husband just laid off from 2nd job, i'm pregnant, any advice 2 help us while looking for new job? lost $1200/m?
Call your student loan provider. You should qualify for a deferment or an economic hardship forbearance.





Do you qualify for social services? I know that's a tough route to go and there is some stigma attached to it. But that could help with groceries. With a young child and being pregnant, WIC and food stamps could make a difference in your food budget.





If you can keep your transportation, I'd do all I can to do so. I'm in the same boat. I've paid on time for 4 years. There is no way I'm losing this vehicle when it's almost paid off.





Cut all unnecessary services like landlines (if you have a cell phone) or vice versa. The same for cable or satellite services.





I'm almost certain that I will have two job offers out of state within the next 10 days. I wouldn't be able to take either of them until mid-May. I'm going down to Labor Finders Monday morning. Even with a Masters degree, I'll do day labor or wash dishes to hold me over. I'm also seriously considering a weekend job at a fast food joint or a store.





Good luck.
Same thing happened here.





What we do is sell things on Ebay or sell things for other people on Ebay for a small fee. My wife makes crafty party favors and sell them on Ebay. I do odd jobs for the elderly people in my neighborhood. Basically in these times the key is to be creative and walk around the house and find things you no longer want, need or can do without. Before you know it you will be making some steady income or close to it.
In my company, many people have become successful while working as a couple. You might want to share this info with your husband.


http://www.zshare.net/audio/5548295174542cc1/


If you'd like to take advantage of it, please email me for contact info.
Keep your health in good condition which is more important now. Do not worry. Ask husband to search for a job. cut down all the unnecessary expenses as much as possible. Pray a lot .... god will show you some way defintely
I would try to get that payment cut down on your mortgage. That price should be illegal.
voluntary repo your car and start taking public transportation or bike

No comments:

Post a Comment