Thursday, August 19, 2010

I have found myself no longer attracted to my husband for a few months now, any advice?

We have been married for 2 years now. My husband is a good father, a descent husband, and a good provider. However, I find myself no longer attracted to him. At first I thought maybe it was because of all the messed up hormones after having 2 children in 2 years, and I thought it was just a matter of time before my sex drive would come back. Well our 2 child is almost 8 months old and nada. My husband gets frustrated A LOT because we only have sex once or twice a week. And when we do have sex it feels more like a chore so he'll stop complaining. He makes sexual innuendo's with EVERYTHING, which is annoying; we get into fights or the stupidest crap, and I just can't find the attraction I had for him when we were dating. When i think about it the dating was more like a game to see how long it would take for me to win his heart and for him a way to see how long he could string me along. Everything was fine until the last trimester of my 1st pregnancy and it's been down hill ever since. We have talked to each other about everything, we have been trying to get back to have date nights at least once a week, but it all seems to not be working for me. He's still attracted to me, but it's just not there for me anymore. So many things still frustrate, annoy, and eventually piss me off about what he doesn't do and some things that he does do. He seems to think that it's all a physical thing and it's not, it's all mental and emotional for me and he just doesn't seem to get it no matter how I explain it. I feel bad for feeling this way sometimes and don't know what to do. It sometimes feels like we more roommates than husband and wife. Any thoughts?I have found myself no longer attracted to my husband for a few months now, any advice?
Sounds like my marriage. It has been 2 years. You are well on your way. Get some help to work through these problems. Even if you don't find the solution via counseling you will at least know what the next steps are.I have found myself no longer attracted to my husband for a few months now, any advice?
This is potentially dangerous. Stuff like this leads to cheating. I highly suggest you sit down with him and seriously discuss your thoughts and feelings.
Find someone you are attracted to. Stay married that way you can have your cake and eat it to.
have an affair - you may feel better


and you may find its better without him
It seems as though you've lost some sort of desire towards him =/


Is your sex life going ok? ..lol..no for real?
first, stop trying to explain, he is MAN you are WOMAN, he won't understand you in that context. Instead of ';date night'; once a week. set up something special that YOU want to do that will bring that emotional connection. he doesn't have to know its for that reason. He won't be able to come up with it, you have to help him out, not just complain about what you aren't getting because that's all he is going to reply with, what he isn't getting (and that is obviously nowhere). when he notices how much your into whatever special thing you do, the idea will hit him as if he thought of it and you will get more of what your looking for. your just in a rut. if you have time to argue, you have time make-up. as the wife its your job to coach him on what you want. its not that he doesn't know. its the fact that you've changed your mind on things and he can't read your mind. you HAVE to give him a fighting chance, you would expect the same, before you go running to someone else (counselor or otherwise). Don't talk about your problems, talk about what makes you happy (that includes him). i bet he doesn't know that you think he is a ';good father, a descent husband, and a good provider.'; all he knows is that you are never satisfied and although he is attracted to you, it is becoming more of a ';i'm attracted to someone with boobs, and the boobs i love don't love me back anymore, so where a some boobs who care?';. and word to the wise, if he is only a ';decent%
Show him this:





My wife and I married when we were both 27 - that was 20 years ago. When we got married I had a good job, worked very hard and was committed to my wife. I also needed to grow up a bit, and she helped me do that. I wanted sex every day, and mostly we had sex ';almost'; every day. However, I really made the effort to understand what made sex fun for ';her'; and also to understand what kinds of things ';killed the mood'; for her when they happened during the day. And because I made the effort in bed and out of bed - she was willing to have sex with me 4-5-6 times a week. What it came down to was this, she knew I was truly making an effort to make her happy and she also knew that I would be tense and UNhappy if she starved me of sex. But it all started with me - I made the ';effort'; first. Oh - and part of the effort also was me staying in great shape because hey it is more fun to touch rippling muscle then fat.
Men do not understand the emotion issues we have with sex. A man can have satisfying sex with someone they cannot stand this is difficult for a woman. Talk to him about the things he does that irritate you. Work on that part of your relationship and if he's not getting on your nerves so much you just may find him more attractive. Make it fun, tell him how it gets you all hot when he changes diapers or loads the dishwasher. Do things to make yourself feel sexy like get some sexy nighties.


Sex is a very important part of a healthy relationship!
It never does any good to fanatsize about another guy you thought you loved who is also married. Been there, done that, nothing good came from it. Instead my marriage got better because I made a conscious effort to make it better, to work things out with my husband, tell him what bothered me and he made an effort as well to change his habits. We aren't intimate a lot, but we are happier when we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment