Thursday, August 19, 2010

I need advice on what to do with my husband and son please and thank you?

My son will be 18 next month and he is my husband's step son My husband has always done his best to support him recently my son dropped out of school and has gotten into trouble he can't get and Identification card or Drivers License until he pays over $700.00 dollars in fines I am not working at the time we have an infant so my husbands supports us at this time, My husband told my son to go back to school or find a way to pay his fine and my son got angry and threw a tantrum he then told police my husband beat him which the police didn't believe it my husband wants him out when he's 18 but my son has no where else to go my husband wants an apology and until he gets one he's not going to help him out with anything and wants him gone, my son refuses to apologize and he can't work with Identification we aren't going to pay his fines and he says he can't go to school without bus fare and my husband isn't going to help him with that either. I am in a bad situation here I love my son and I know he has done wrong things I haven't the heart to kick him out and my husband is a great man besides are disagreement on this issue. I don't know what to do I feel like this could damage my relationship with both my son and husband. Is my husband being unreasonable or is he right. My husband is also upset because my son never turns off his t.v or helps around the house. I have talked to my son and he tells me if I can't help him with bus fare he can't go to school he always has money for other things and my husband tells me that also I am lost and hurt. Please any advice is greatly appreciated


41 minutes ago - 4 days left to answer.





my son has issues with my husband because he feels he's not his father and shouldn't tell him anything, I am not working the only money I have is my husbands and he won't help untill my son apoligizesI need advice on what to do with my husband and son please and thank you?
That is not an unreasonable request. it is actually a very good request. Most people do have to find a job and pay back their own fines. In the real world people don't give you the option your son currently has. Sometimes tough love is the best kind. Things will begin to be taken for granted less when they realize how good they have it. Maybe some time on his own will teach more lessons than any lecture or argument ever could. As a mother its hard because we can't see beyond the love we have for them but sometimes we have to do to help them grow into the men they need to become.I need advice on what to do with my husband and son please and thank you?
he is disrespecting you in your own house you need 2 be the parent not a friend mabey being thrown out and seeing how the real world is too understand how good he has it
Kick your dum@$$ son's @$$ out!!
personally i think your husband is 100% right in this situation.... my brother pulled this stuff with our dad, for different reasons but basically my parents were investigated by DSS and all that and they had to be interviewed monthly as did my brother for over a year.


tell your son to get his act together. if he has money for other stuff he can afford a busfare.


also tell him if he plans to stay after age 18 he needs to pay rent if hes not going to school because that way its like hes either working or going to school and not being a degenerate
i can definitely relate in some way to what you're saying. i actually do feel your husband is right. your son is grown, it healthy and not disabled (i think) and has every capability to walk to school or take a bike or whatever means (if the distance isnt too crazy). education is key in life. and if your son conintues to not pay for his debt, i do believe he cn be called for court (i dont know the reason of his doubt, which is why im not sure). but yes, your son is a MAN now. your husband may not be the biological father, but he IS the one paying for your sons shelter, food, and any other essentials since you are not working. and if you have been with your husband for a very long time, then in a way he has raised your son (im not so sure how you'll take that last comment, so if i offend you or your son in any way, sorry!). you do love your son but you KNOW you have to set him on the right road. you dont want him living on the streets or on welfare just because you couldnt take a few sacrifices.


i hope all this helped you.
let your son know u love him but he really seems like a spoiled brat, he needs to be knocked on his but so he can get up on his own, he will have somewhere to go whether it be a friends house or whatever, he need to learn to be his own man, isn't that what u want for your son, he may get mad at you for a while but when he sees what a mess he has made with his own life he won't be able to blame you for what you had to do. Do you really want your son to rely on other for the rest of his life, or learn to stand on his own?
SORRY TO HEAR THIS ITS TOUGH THE WHOLE STEPSON THING..BUT YOUR HUSBAND DOES HAVE A POINT. YOUR SON SHOULD TRY TO SMOOTH THINGS OVER AND TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY HES 18! HE GOT ON THE WRONG PATH AND NOW NEES MOM TO BAIL HIM OUT..I WOULD TELL HIM TO SAY HES SORRY AND HAVE A 1ON 1 TALK WITH HIS STEPDAD.MAYBE STEPDAD WOULD HELP HIM IF HE CAN APOLOGIZE AND HELP AROUND THE HOUSE..,ITS TOUGH WITH ONE INCOME AND RAISING A FAMILY.. MAYBE YOUR SON CAN TRY TO GET SOME GOVERMENT FUNDING TO GET SOME TRAINING..GOODLUCK
well i think ur husband is being reasonable. i think after ur son finds out how lucky he waz to have u guys he will apoligize and see what he realy has....
  • bee luscious cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment