Thursday, August 19, 2010

I am about to start working the night shift as an RN. Any advice on how to manage my time with my husband?

He works 5 days a week on the weekdays. I will be working a 3/2 split, meaning I will work three nights and be off for two and then vice versa. One plus is that he normally stays up at night until 12 or 1.I am about to start working the night shift as an RN. Any advice on how to manage my time with my husband?
Sometimes its not about quanity its about quality of time you spend together... be especially aware that when hes around you let him now that you miss him or when your together do some special things. Hopefully he too will do those things for you.since you work late.. special late night dinner or having breakfeast waiting for you when you get home if your working 3rd shift.I am about to start working the night shift as an RN. Any advice on how to manage my time with my husband?
its going to be hard, but it will work,i went through it for 3 years intill i went to 2 shift
Not good for the marriage.
Good Luck Hon,





I've been there. Not good.
Well I don't see the problem, there is two and three times a week you do not work. You stated he already stays up until 12 to 1am, it is not set in stone that all dates or fun time is from this hour to that hour. Make the most of the days you have off.





Make a date night each week and make sure your time together is special for both of you. You probably work from 7 to 7 and when you get home if he doesn't leave until 8 there is time for quickies every now and then. That way when he is at work he will have you on his mind all day and can't wait to get home to you and vise a versa. Go to the store and buy index cards and write on them little things you both can do together alone, wink wink, and when he gives you one of the cards fullfil the requested note. What a sexy gift you could give to him on father's day, his birthday, an anniversary, Christmas, Valentines day or just because I love you gift. This keeps the relationship spontanious and there is nothing better for a relationship than being there for each other whenever possible.





There is so many other things I can think of to do, just be creative but do not cut yourself short of sleep. You need to sharp and alert in one of the most important professions on earth. My mother was an RN and that is all she worked was the night shift, and what I would say is that nurses are God's angels on earth.





Good luck and it can work out love over comes all obsticales
1st are you going to work from 3to 11, or 11 to 7.if 3 to 11, then you have plenty of time to spend with him. same with 11 to 7. also you have weekends, stop complaining, just make time. you both will be happier.
try going home and sleeping right away so you can be up in the evenings with him. Leave notes and messages for him and he should for you too...sleep in the morning even when off that night so you two can have evenings together and plan special ones and dont let work, tv or friends stop those evenings...good luck night shift hard on everyone....
  • bee luscious cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment