Sunday, August 22, 2010

Hi I need advice from parents of teenagers please. My husband & I have an 18 yr old son. Last October we moved?

to a nice country home closer to his college. I got a job with the Federal Govt and things are a little easier for us. Two months after we moved in he moved in with his girlfriend. I thought he would be happier in a nicer home and our finances are a little better. He said the reason he moved out is he wants to move forward with his life and do things on his own. He works, goes to college full time, gets good grades, works hard at his job and studies martial arts. He is not lazy nor disrespectful to me. We were always close. However, I think he is trying to grow up too fast. He is too young to be serious and living with someone. They share bills, buy food, they live together. He bought her a promise ring last year. It's not that I don't like her I think he should be enjoying his youth and not be committed to someone so young. I was hoping he would at least stay home till he graduates college. He lives 15 minutes from me but I rarely see him. I miss him so much I'm heartbroken.He works at a retail store and pretty much the only time I can see him is if I go to the store where he works. I am very depressed over this . I know he has to grow up but I think he is rushing everything. I know I can't do anything about it cause he is over 18 but it sickens me. By the way they both work at the same store that's where he met her. I want him to come home so I can be a mother to him at least a few more years. Sometimes I cry about it.Any advice? Thank you.Hi I need advice from parents of teenagers please. My husband %26amp; I have an 18 yr old son. Last October we moved?
Wow. With all due respect, and understanding how mothers are (had one, and was married to one), you are more concerned with fulfilling your own life, satisfying your own needs and wishes, than his. Think about what you are saying. Seem to be more about you than him. Let him fly, grow, start and enjoy his life, like your parents did for you. And be there if and when he needs you.





Just be happy and satisfied you raised a great kid, and leave it at that. Your job is done, and you succeeded. Now move on, go back to school, or take classes, get a hobby, travel, enjoy life, and in a few years, you will have grandchildren to nurture. That's always the best part of life anyway. Parents have to say no. Grandparents get to say yes.Hi I need advice from parents of teenagers please. My husband %26amp; I have an 18 yr old son. Last October we moved?
He is 18 years old and by law an adult. As such he has the right to live his life the way he is living it, you don't get to dictate how he lives any longer. I suggest you start accepting the fact that he is no longer a child and he is going to grow up whether you want him to or not. Frankly it sounds to me as if you're jealous, get over yourself your son no longer needs Mommy, he needs his own life
wow...sounds to me like this kid is doing exactly what every parent trys


to teach and that's be responsibly independent. You can't live his life the


only thing you can do is be supportive. However, if you pay for his education you can tell him that support will be removed if he marries or


she become pregnant before he completes his education. Make sure he


understands you are serious as they have a choice in both these matters


through their actions. Time has come - he's ';showing you'; he CAN fly.


to fight it would create resentment...be thankful for what he is.
  • bee luscious cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment