Thursday, July 29, 2010

Ttc & husband loses sex drive around ovulation, need advice?

Ok so me %26amp; my husband decided a few months ago to start ttc, and basically took the approach of ';trying but not trying';... except after the first month after nothing happening I realized I wanted to be ';trying and trying';! I basically want to bd AT LEAST every other day, starting a couple days after my period ends up until a week before its supposed to start again. However theres a problem - the last 2 months my husbands libido seems to disappear after the first few bd's and then doesn't want to more that once every 4 days or so, it's really frustrating! He wants a baby too but he is only 25 (I'm 28) so even though he wants a kid, he is not in a big hurry. I on the other hand, have a biological clock that is tickin' like crazy! I would like at least 3 kids before I'm 35, and also most of my friends and family (a lot who are younger than me) have little babies and I kind of get baby fever when I'm around them...





Anyways, we just had our first actual argument about this tonight because today is the every ';other'; day and he didn't want to do anything... so of course I got upset with him, which made him want to even less.. I told him I didn't even want to try anymore this month then because then if I get my period I will be thinking about all those days we missed...I just don't really know how to handle this and was wondering if anyone else had gone through this with their significant other? Also I was thinking that maybe tracking my ovulation with one of those predictor kits would help me be less ';demanding'; all month, but I haven't heard much in terms of those actually helping anyone conceive...Ttc %26amp; husband loses sex drive around ovulation, need advice?
Well it sounds like he's just a little nervous about it all. And it also sounds like you're making a pretty big deal out of it already, and the pressure is probably just a bit much for him. Just try to have sex for fun and not because it's your every other day. Quit coming on so strong about it to him, and maybe he'll relax and his libido will magically appear again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment