Thursday, July 29, 2010

Husband Lost Job while we were TTC. Advice.?

Here we are on the Path TTC. My husband had a Good Job, Great Pay, Great Health Insurance and everything was dandy. We Stopped using all forms of BC (Ie the condom)..Well out of No where, My husband lost his job. I was Devastated and so was he...


We really want to have kids and I am Questioning myself if I am being Selfish...My husband did get a Job offer,It pays more but he does not get he Benefits he had at his last job.


He did his Last Paycheck Plus 2 weeks so were covered to the End of the month...


If you were TTC and this happened to you, Would you stop Trying or Just continue on with your plans?Husband Lost Job while we were TTC. Advice.?
You should continue to TTC. If he is going to have another job then everything will be fine. If anything you can get some insurance thur your state/ county. Most states offer an insurance for pregnant woman. Good Luck and Baby Dust!Husband Lost Job while we were TTC. Advice.?
Continue on with your plans, if the money continues to roll in then I would definitely continue to try. If the insurance is the problem, I would look into Medi-Cal (if you live in CA) or Medicaid. There's no income restriction when it comes to Medicaid for women that become pregnant. It would actually cover all prenatal appointments, labs, and delivery and two months postpartum. After the two months, the Medi-Cal/Medicaid worker will ask for proof of income.


As far as insurance for the baby, there's a lot of health insurance programs for infants and children. For example in CA there's Health Families.


I suggest you call your local Health and Human Service Agency to get more info.
It depends, does the new job make enough extra to pay for insurance or a pregnancy? Also all the visits after you have a new baby? If not, I would stop trying until we could set aside money for insurance. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's job loss! I hope that everything works out for you! It's a tough situation! Good luck!
we are in the same boat as you are my fiance lost his job and we are also TTC but he still wants use to try, im not so sure, but whatever happens happens I guess good luck.
i would continue. Kids take atleast 18years to raise, during that time you will have plenty of ups and downs. You should just deal with things as they happen. With that said, times will improve in the future.. so continue ttc.





I would!





good luck
There is no guarantee you will get pregnant this month or even next month - if your hubby really makes an effort he may get another job before you concieve.





Keep trying TTC but make sure hubby is also trying to GAJ (get a job!)





Best of luck on both counts :)
i would just continue. he already has another job lined up that pays more and although u no longer have the health benefits, you could always get on medicare...they pay for all your pregnancy needs..including delivery and everything.
continue with plans .. you can both get insurance somewhere else. yours will be free or very cheap if you are pregnant and depending on if you have a job or not
It would be too expensive! How can you afford prenatal visits and the cost of childbirth? C-section is a surgery.
I would stop until there was new insurance coverage.
At 50K a year, I'm sure you'll be able to afford it. When I had Blue Cross, it was a $20 co pay, no deductible and around $200 a month. With my new job, they offer Kaiser and I was really excited about it because it was only $100 a month. Than I learned there is a $30 co pay, $1000 deductible and $500 a night to stay in the hospital. I was shocked. I new there was no way I would be able to afford all that (I only make $12/hr) so I opted out and stayed on Medi-cal which pays for everything.











If I was in your position, I would hold off TTC. Maybe there was a reason God didn't allow you to get pregnant in the beginning when you were trying. Everything works in HIS timing.
Get your affairs in order first especially your health insurance. If that means purchasing your own plan through a health insurance policy, then do it right away. Having a baby with no health insurance is super expensive and if you have complications it could bankrupt you! I got an insurance paid statement from an ultrasound I had and it was close to $700! I had about 8 of these throughout my pregnancy not to mention dozens of drs visits and even a 3 day long preterm labor hospital stay! As soon as you know you are covered, get back to it! Remember taking 1 month off isn't a big deal when you consider that a pregnancy is 9 months long and being a mom is a lifetime job! Good luck!


Also, in response to those who say you can get on medicare or medicaid--%26gt; if your husband is working, you will probably not qualify- the income limits are about $2000 a month or less. Also, it takes 90 days to get signed up and get it in effect. You don't want to be 3 months preg. before your insurance kicks in!

No comments:

Post a Comment