Thursday, July 29, 2010

Can anyone give me advice on how to get my husband more involved with my son?

My husband is well lets just come out and say it he's not the best at being involved in things... he doesn't participate when I am on the floor with OUR son he is 6 months old and doesn't have any interest in his dad... and my husband isn't even trying he plays his video games and doesn't help with anything it seems!!! I've thought about leaving him several times.... But can't find the heart to do it, and he has his moments where he's a good dad and husband I just get so tired of doing IT ALONE, I didn't lay down and make our son alone I shouldn't have take care of him alone because he is around now it would be okay if dad wasn't in the picture.... But he is he's just f*cking lazy!!!





Has anyone else been through this can you give me advice on how to get him to be more involved with my son?


Please help I'm on the edge of insanity!!Can anyone give me advice on how to get my husband more involved with my son?
Men usually are not that active with the baby until their older but if you really need help then just ask him for help and before you go to bed tonight and it is just you and him in the bed ask him what are his goals for the baby and ask him if he can get more involved , GOOD LUCK!!!!! YOUR SON IS SO CUTE(the pic. on the avatar_) Sometimes if men dont get alot of attention then they will try and flirt with you and get you in the mood for sex or whatever .......(keep a watch for that cause maybe he might think you spend to much time with the baby)Can anyone give me advice on how to get my husband more involved with my son?
its sounds as if your husband needs a little push. When his sitting on the couch doing whatever, go up to him with your son and say, ';here im going to take a bath now, watch our son.'; or something like that. and sit your lovely child right in his arms. Maybe he doesnt know how to go about raising another human being. but when all else fails be completely honest and lay down the 'law'.
I was in your place 9yrs ago. I was very unhappy.I did everything too and, I am a guy. She only had kids if I would take care of them and raise them. I made the choice to be happy so I left.My kids were young and it was hard to not see them every day.Time made that better and now I am very happy that I did that. My girls feel the same way,
Men usually aren't that interested in babies until the babies get a bit older and more ';fun';.........








Moms almost ALWAYS do the brunt of the baby work....welcome to motherhood!
Wait until he turns 5 or 6, this is when guys start doing guy stuff with sons. Not much guy stuff can be done with a 6 month old. If at 6 he's still not playing with him then maybe you have a problem.
Think of your husband as an alcoholic %26amp; treat this situation like you are dealing with one. What I mean is if you tell an alcoholic not to drink that just makes them drink even more.





Try referring to the baby as ';MY'; baby %26amp; the father has the sperminator


Something like that might get to his heart. If you do it now, while the baby is still too young to know or repeat what you say may be wise. But on the other hand training the baby to call him ';sperm-i-nator'; might work better.





Maybe ask the sperm-i-nator to seek counseling with you. Once there bring up the topic of why doesn't he participate more with the upbringing of this beautiful baby. It may be as simple as its what his dad did; we learn what we see more than what we're told.
  • maybelline
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment