Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I need some advice on my recovery vicodin addict husband?

My husband is a recovering vicodin addict. He is coming up on 90 days clean. He went to rehab in September and it really changed our lives for the better. When he got out he was so happy, productive, and normal. He got up in the morning and went to bed at a decent hour at night (something he did not do while using). While using all he did was sleep and go to work. Within the last couple of weeks he has stared being tired all the time and wanting to sleep. I know his is clean because I had him take a pee test yesterday. He has no problem taking a drug test anytime I ask. He has had 5 (2 from his counselor and 3 I got at the drug store) since he got out of rehab. All clean. Let me say that this is his second time trying to quit. He tried cold turkey the first time. He says that he made it around 2 1/2 months the first time and then he started feeling moody, tired, achy, and all around bad. That is when he started using again. He says that this time is different because of all he learned in rehab and he knows this is just one of the phases and it will pass. My question is this--Is he full of it or is this something that happens? Could he pass a drug test yet be using? Basically I would like any help from any recovering addicts or anyone who deals or has dealt with vicodin addicts. Any help would really ease my mind.I need some advice on my recovery vicodin addict husband?
I work in substance abuse and it is normal for him to have mood swings, get tired; his brain is healing and getting used to functioning w/o the drugs. be patient and he should get thru this stage, this phase can lead to relapse it is important that he stick to his recovery program, attend NA meetings and have alot of support. I need some advice on my recovery vicodin addict husband?
There seems to be some underlying issue of maybe depression, anxiety etc..I've known many people that treat their anxiety and depression with narcotics. This type of self treatment is dangerous and does not address the underlying cause of the anxiety and depression. Your husband may need to see a doctor about the different treatment options for depression and anxiety. Vitamin D deficiency can lead to moodiness and depressed feelings. He probably could use a thorough physical exam to see if there are any imbalances within his body.

No comments:

Post a Comment