Saturday, July 31, 2010

Does anyone have GERD? My husband is newly diagnosed an I could use some advice...?

He had an endoscopy done 2 weeks ago, they stretched his esophagus b/c the acid reflux had caused it to get so tight he couldn't swallow food and barely get water down. They put him on Prevacid, and that helped, but he kept having these breakthrogh spats of it, (had an awful one yesterday afternoon that I rushed him to the DR over) and when they happen he can't eat or barely even breath.





They switched him to Nexium yesterday, said it was stronger....what is your experience with it if you've been on it? Did it help? They also said it may take 4-5 days to really kick in for him, so in case he has another flair up, is their anything else we can do for him? We have had him proped up at night time, I won't let him lay down for at least an hour after eating, I'm tryin to keep him eating WAY before bed time, and I am TRYING (although not very sucessfully) to get him to take smaller bites and chew better and eat less greasy and bad food. Any experience with Nexium and other advice?Does anyone have GERD? My husband is newly diagnosed an I could use some advice...?
i have it, the nexium will work. i had the swelling in my esophagus with a little bleeding. the nexium will heal it up. also, your husband needs to change his diet. figure out what causes the acid reflux and stay away from it. i now take prilosec, the pharmacist told me its the same as nexium but your don't need a prescription. good luck, i know how he feels, sleeping upright is terrible.Does anyone have GERD? My husband is newly diagnosed an I could use some advice...?
http://www.gerd.com/consumer/treatment-g鈥?/a>





http://www.gerd.com/consumer/lifestyle-c鈥?/a>








I hope that this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment