Thursday, July 29, 2010

Husband says I am rude to him? Advice?

My husband and I argue a lot lately. In the past month, he has gotten very sensitive to everything I say and he thinks everything is an insult to him.





The other night, I said, ';hey you can turn that light off,'; since he was up standing next to the switch. I meant nothing sinister - I merely met that I didn't need it to write (what I was doing at the time).





His response? ';Well! You could have just asked me politely! How rude!';





We are having a party this weekend, and when I came home from work (he was off today), the grass hadn't been cut. I said, ';hey, are you going to cut this grass?'; It was just a question!





He said, ';Well you didn't tell me to cut it! You should have told me if it was that big of a deal!';





Then we got into an argument about how ';rude'; I supposedly am.





I love him so much. We are going on four years of marriage and nine years together.





Help.Husband says I am rude to him? Advice?
It sounds like your husband might have some other issues that are making him so sensitive to everything that you say. I have gone through this with my husband also.


It might be hard, but try extra hard to be sensitive to him. Ask him very politely to do anything that you want or need him to do. He will eventually come around.


I would also talk to him and ask him what is bothering him. You might find out that there is something going on with work or with his family that is causing him to react to everything this way.Husband says I am rude to him? Advice?
Just try using the words please turn the light off instead. Sit down and tell him that you love him and wat to spend the rest of your lives together and all you ask is that you both share responsibilities. It can be hard at times. Just be honest with him. Let him know you aren't going to leave him over this. Just that you want to work all of this out together.
I really don't blame him. I would feel the same way too. Why?...


First of all, stop calling him ';hey';, I assume that's not his name. Second, if you're going to constantly nag someone to do things, why don't you at least ask nicely. Example: ';Sweetheart, do you think you can cut the grass tomorrow since you're off?'; Or, ';darling, would you please shut the light?'; Also saying ';thank you'; won't hurt.


Get it?
actually, you do sound a bit rude. instead of you can turn THAT light off, maybe - would you please turn off the light. rather that -mow THIS grass, maybe - are you going to have time to mow THE grass. it wasn't just a question. it sounded more like a parent talking to a child who hasn't done their chores.
You need to change your evil ways - Baby





Your not stupid - are you?


*Did you take offense to that?





Yea - The way you say it is not nice - Try some sugar and spice.


';Hey babe could you turn that light off for me sweetie';





Hey - Sexy - If you mow the lawn - later we can $$!@%26amp;^F$$#@





Try that
It's all in the tone. Maybe you don't hear it, but I'm sure you're saying things the way his mother would...nagging. Lighten it up a bit when you're TELLING him (questioningly) to do something.
There must be something deeper than that bothering him. sit down and have a heart to heart
Well is this out of the ordinary for him? maybe there are some underlying issues going on in his head these days.





First thing that comes to mind is 2 things.





1.) he met a girl that is sweet as sugar to him and he thinks you're abrasive and should be more sweet to him as well.





2.) Maybe you don't think you're being rude but could be coming off that way. Try asking him next time when you notice the grass wasn't done ';Would you please cut the grass for the party? I am busy with some other chores'; instead of ';Hey! Are you going to cut this grass?'; which comes off aggressive.





it came off kinda rude to me and this is just in writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment