Saturday, July 31, 2010

I need advice concerning a vacation stay with my grandmother and her new husband, who is a difficult person?

Recently, my grandmother, who is 70 years old, married a man who seemed to be a rather nice and generous person. In fact, he seemed quite religious, and professed his Christian faith (he still prays before every meal, ect.). However, I'm beginning to another side of him that I have never seen before. He often has a sullen look on his face, and seems to have a mean streak. I didn't realize that he behaved this way until recently.





Unfortunately, I'm staying at my grandmother (and now his) house on vacation for 2 weeks, and I had originally planned on staying for one more week. I love my grandmother dearly, but he seems to be jealous of my grandson-grandmother relationship with her - - his own children (who are now in their 30s) barely even talk to him, and now I understand why!





Anyway, the airfare to fly home, which is over 750 miles away, is 500 dollars. Should I try to tough it out for one more week, or should I try to book a flight home for tomorrow?





Thank you :-)I need advice concerning a vacation stay with my grandmother and her new husband, who is a difficult person?
That depends on you. Can you tolerate him for an extra week? It's up to you.I need advice concerning a vacation stay with my grandmother and her new husband, who is a difficult person?
Stay in a hotel......
Tough it out for Grandmothers sake. He probably is jealous. He needs an example of family love.
hang with your grandma... you never know when you'll see her again





the guy she married is a loser.... always run from ';bible thumpers';... they have an agenda and they are dangerous.





you're very perceptive for being so young.
try giving the old gentleman another chance. often as one gets older they have these feelings. draw him out in conversations with just you and he and listen, really listen. you might find him quite entertaining and informative. and then again..if all fails you have done your part and in no way need to feel you have let your grandmother down.
tough it out for one more week its not very long and just leave the house a lot still spend time with ur grandmother and try to get on his good side its not worth it for 500 dollars seriously dont spend 500 dollars just to get out of there for only a week

No comments:

Post a Comment