Saturday, July 31, 2010

Please read! I need your advice... I need to know how to convince my husband that being a SAHM is a hard job!?

My husband works 12 hour shifts at night and we have a one year old son. Here's an example of my day: I feed/change/play/ and do everything else for son all day and night (I never get a break basically - hubby is working or sleeping). I make hubbys lunch. Rub his feet. Set out his clothes before work. Set him out a towel so he can take a shower when he gets home. Fix him a meal for him to eat before work. Do all the housework (laundry, dishes, vaccuum, etc.) Do bills. Do all of the shopping. Go to college online and do schoolwork and study. Every couple of days I bake him cookies or his favorite desserts, and lots of other things. Whenever the topic comes up my husband acts like what I do is no big deal. He says that he would love to stay home and take care of our son and how easy it would be. His version of taking care of our son is sit in the recliner watching tv and letting him crawl around and play. How can I convince him that I am working really hard?Please read! I need your advice... I need to know how to convince my husband that being a SAHM is a hard job!?
there's no need for you to convince him. he should find it out himself. if you try hard convincing him that SAHM is hard work, he might just think you are over acting. just do your stuff. no need to let him know of your hardships. if you cannot bear it anymore, leave the house for one day and let him do all the work. try to spend some time for yourself, too. good luck! = )Please read! I need your advice... I need to know how to convince my husband that being a SAHM is a hard job!?
You and your hubby should swith places for a couple of days! But instead of you going to work, you should go to an all-inclusive spa resort and have YOUR feet massaged!
Tell him you are considering a paying job. Bless your heart. I'd hate to say that you spoiled him absolutely rotten, but you did.
Don't try. They never understand how time consuming it is to be a SAHM. My husband is pretty sympathic, but that is only becasue he saw his mom and grandmother do it for years.
I have the same situation. Although, I don't do everything that you do!! Try not cleaning, cooking, laundering, etc. for a week and see if he notices! Don't make his lunch, don't set out his clothes, don't do anything! Just care for your son only. He'll change his tune real fast!
find 2 days that he is off that are together. then plan an overnight somewhere. and leave the kid with him. tell him he should have no problem that you left a list of all the things you do all day. if he follows it he should have no problem. then pack ya stuff n leave for the 2 day vacation that you so richly deserve. he will be singing a diff tune when you get back.
Well, you have spoiled your husband rotten. Why would you put clothes out for a grown man? Don't you think he can pick out his own clothes and get his own towel? You have really gone over board. Your acting like his mother, not his wife. The more you do for him, the more he is going to expect from you. You can't convince him your working hard. You have shown him you can handle it all without complaining at all. And you keep doing more. Men who think SAHM's are not working hard, need a rude awakening. My advise, don't treat him like a child. Cooking for him is one thing, laying out his clothes is way beyond a wife's duty.
My husband is the same. So, I just stopped. I stopped cooking for him and only cook for myself and the children, dishes I know he doesn't like. He cooks his own food now. I stopped ironing his clothing. He does it now. I stopped cleaning so much. he doesn't do it and couldn't care less until his friends come and then he expects me to put on a show, but I don't do that anymore either. All I do is care for the children, do the dishes, make sure the house is safe for my daughter, and teach her. Oh, and our marriage is hell too. We basically hate each other and he wants to separate, all because he had to do a little bit of cleaning. Men are just big fat overgrown babies who want a mommy that is not blood related to bone. Marriage is the worst thing that can happen to a woman. Forget rape. That goes away. A jerk of a husband doesn't.
whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
That is a tough one, as many of us are in the same boat. I am not sure there is any realistic way to make man realize what it takes to make a household work and be so convenient for them. Call it our society or whatever....but when we choose (you did choose didnt you) to be a SAHM we have to accept all that comes with it. Likewise, I dont understand or deal with what my hubby does while working outside of the home all day. My only advice to you is to take care of yourself. Never feel guilty about your pleasures....make sure you get plenty of them or you will burn out and become bitter and resentful. Much luck to You!
U sound as if u have 2 kids,a little one and a big-spoiled brat.U never should have started being his mom and maid in the first place.Sit and explain 2 Ur husband that u and he both have a son,not just u.

No comments:

Post a Comment