Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I would GREATLY appreciate advice regarding life insurance & a stubborn husband?

I would REALLY appreciate anyone w/ life insurance (or stubborn husband) experience!!!


I am 38 and my husband is 49. My husband is the sole income provider of our family.


Since our first child's birth, I have tried to discuss with him the importance of planning for our deaths. Our oldest son is 15, and he still refuses to have a Will drawn up. Also, he refuses to purchase term life insurance on us both in the proper amount according to our famincome.


He is normally a very thoughtful and extremely responsible person. I know his lack of planning is due to his inability to deal with his own mortality.


I have continued to express concerns re: our lack of planning for 15 years! I have approached it from every angle I can think of.


On my own, I have contacted insurers to get coverage for us both %26amp; pay from my own ';rainy day fund';. No one will write a life policy in any amount without 1st performing a physical.


How do I protect my family in this situation?I would GREATLY appreciate advice regarding life insurance %26amp; a stubborn husband?
Go through the worst case scenario on your own (figure out what would happen financially to you if he died, to him if you died and to your children if you both died).





Show in great detail how if he died you would have to sell the house, get a job and live in a very cheap apartment (in a crappy part of town). Show that the children would have borrow $ to go to college.





Show in great detail what would happen to him if you died (now need to get care for the children while he works, etc.).





Show in financial detail what would happen to the children if you both died.





When approaching him about it, start with the case of you dying and then both dying at the same time. With no will and with no arrangments for the children, show him they would become wards of the state and have to become foster children who were separated. If you have family members who would care for them, ask why he thinks it would be fair to also place a financial burden on those family members.





Get quotes on your own insurance and tell him you are going to insure your life today. Get the quotes and show him how little (or how much) it would cost to get decent protection for his family.





You can contact an attorney (or use some of the attorney type of software), write your own will and write one to what you think his wishes might be and just make him sign it.





Threaten divorce, counseling, cutting him off of sex, whatever, but get his attention and FIX THIS ISSUE. I can't even imagine what happens to you and your family if he died in a car crash on the way home from work tonight. YOU NEED INSURANCE. YOU NEED INSURANCE.





I know this is a weird co-incidence, but...I would GREATLY appreciate advice regarding life insurance %26amp; a stubborn husband?
I understand your concern and the importance to provide life insurance protection for your family.





It is one of the most important responsibilities to take on as a parent.





We all will pass one day, and the most important people to many os us are our family. To provide for them provides for their future and their dreams.





Since you are having difficulty getting coverage without a physical exam, I have an alternative for you.





You can get life insurance coverage up to $250,000 without any physical exam. It is term life insurance which is usually less costly than permanent life insurance.





You just answer a few simple health questions online and get an instant quote. You can apply online and start your coverage today if you qualify.





You could even apply for coverage for you and your husband if you choose.





You can learn more about this option at http://www.term-life-online.com/term-lif鈥?/a>





This type of coverage may offer you protection for 10, 15, 20 or 30 years.





I hope that helps! Best of luck to you, your husband and your entire family.
Tell him that life insurance isnt about him, it's about the ones he leaves behind.





If he cant put his own issues aside, ask him to imagine what your life would be like without him. no husband, no father, no income, no house, homeless, etc..
I don't have an answer, but you are right to be concerned. Unfortunately, some people just refuse to deal with any matters concerning their possible death. Your husband is being irresponsible in his obligations to his family. I hope you can make him ';see the light.'; Is there a trusted relative/friend or pastor that could talk to him?

No comments:

Post a Comment