Thursday, July 29, 2010

Husband watches to much tv- Really need advice...?

When my husband and I first met there was only 1 show (series) he used to watch (24 with Jack Bauer) but NOW- he watches WAY to much tv, to the point that I rarely if ever get to pick out what I want to watch- (but that isn't the real problem- I could care less about watching tv)- I just feel like we have drifted so far apart it is ridiculous- He plays way to many games on the PS3 too. He never pays any attention to me and it has been months since we've done anything. The crazy thing is that I always had to be the one to initiate things and he never did, and anymore I just don't care. The last time we did anything it just felt wrong, I don't know any other way to explain it....it's like the feeling just aren't there. He never says anything nice about me, doesn't compliment me, touch me or anything anymore. We have an almost 5 yr. old daughter and while she is my whole world, and people say not to break up if you have a kid (my mom mainly- was married to my dad for 25 years before they got divorced)- I am just so miserably unhappy... I just feel like I'm invisible or I shouldn't be here anymore- It's so weird to explain. There just isn't any feelings and he's always saying stuff like You need to pick up more- or this and that.... and it's true I don't do a whole lot anymore because I am so depressed! I am BORED out of my mind and am going to be 30 - I still want more kids and he definately doesn't. I've tried talking to him about it before and WOW- he has a temper- you can't talk to him on a normal plain without him getting mad about anything. On the other end of the spectrum he makes it sound like he does so much around the house- when in reality- I do just as much if not more- He's so busy with his whole TV schedule- that he doesn't do that much either.....





I just really want some opinions- I feel like I'm losing my mind....Husband watches to much tv- Really need advice...?
Spacey wife spends too much time on YA Answers!





LOL


Sorry, couldn't resist.





I know a lot of people like that and I don't know the cure. It's like they've given up on enjoying life and just want to be comfortable. The minute you disturb their comfort they lash out at you.





I hate to even suggest this, but perhaps if there were just a hint of some other guy being interested in you??? Shock treatment may be the only hope.Husband watches to much tv- Really need advice...?
Wire cutters!
I am in the same boat. I have 2 kids with my wife. I work a swing shift so our time together should be more. Two little ones can drive you nuts. The thing is I am the communicator. I can get her to talk if i initiate an issue. I do want things to always be right with our family. It is something that I really want to protect cause it is such a fragile thing. Your problem is that he is not open to reason, that sucks and now he is set into a routine that he is comfortable with. Our life is kind of like that, but we are both so bushed after taking care of the house and kids that sometimes I'll go downstairs and watch a ballgame


and she will be upstairs watching some retarded reality show. We still love eachother, but we don't seem to spend the time together that a lot of couples do.
You should explain things to him in a way that he can understand without explaining them in a way that makes him defensive. Give him the opportunity to correct it. Make sure he understands exactly how unhappy you are. If he doesn't seize the opportunity to save his marriage, then it may not be worth saving to him and you should pursue your happiness elsewhere. Kids are never a good reason to stay together. Sometimes, the children are better off when the parents are apart.





Should your marriage come to an end, I hope the next guy doesn't prove to be abusive to you and your daughter or spend countless nights drunk in bars. Something like that would make you actually miss what you have now. In other words, your situation could be better, but then again it could be a lot worse.
while he's watching tv get out of the house, go to the bar, have a few drinks, i'll be there about 7pm. just kidding...


but seriosly go find something to do for you,read a book,take a bath,get a hobbie,or get on y/a and waste your time with us
You said,


';The crazy thing is that I always had to be the one to initiate things and he never did'; HE NEVER DID, HE NEVER DID!!!! is the key words





Why did you marry him? He has not change, you must of thought you could change him or something!!!! So blame yourself, not him!!!! Stop nagging him and think about what are you going to do to make yourself happy because the husband you choose is not going to change!!! He hasn't yet!!!





It seems like you will be getting a divorce but don't worry, it will hurt in the beginning but in the end, you will be so happy you did it!!!!
Take a piece of paper and write exactly how you feel but kindly so he wont brake it, put it where he usually sits to watch TV. Make sure you are not in the House cause then he'll just stop reading and go ask you what the meaning of that is. That usually works becuase there are no voices that he might interpret as attitude or yelling. On the same letter you can tell him to write you back instead of telling you personally to avoid fighting.
He sounds very comfortable ';zoning out'; to the TV while life passes by...passively. You need to find a way to talk to him to find out if he wants you and the marriage --- or if he wants to just slide by in life with a maid there to clean up after him and allow him to do whatever he wants. Relationships take work -- from both people. You will have to get across that if he does want you --- that you have some standards...

No comments:

Post a Comment