Saturday, July 31, 2010

I'm looking for some advice about the CSA - maintenance and arrears from ex husband. Can anbody help?

My children are now 6 and 8, my husband left in June 2000 we have received no support since then. My ex has never wanted contact with the children and I am a lone parent. Every 6 months or so, I get a letter from CSA giving a nil assessment. I rang them recently to ask if they would stop sending these letters. In conversation I learned that arrears of 拢16,000 were outstanding on the case. I worked part-time till recently - but am now full time (just under 拢24K) and things are a bit easier - but still no luxuries, no holidays etc. My ex husband works and whilst I don't know his earnings, but he was earning more than 拢2500 monthly 7 years ago when we were together. I don't know the CSA system and am desperate for some advice on how to tackle the maintenance and arrears - it would make such a difference to us! Someone suggested closing the case and re-opening it 16 weeks later which would put us on a new assessment system but I'm not confident about this. Any advice most welcome...thanks.I'm looking for some advice about the CSA - maintenance and arrears from ex husband. Can anbody help?
I have no idea where you live but in my state of Missouri, if they you are ordered to pay child support you better pay it. They will withhold your income taxed each year and if you get to far behind your drivers license can be taken away from you plus jail time. You should have a case worker who keeps you informed about your case and if he works they should be withholding it from his pay. I would look closer into this and even talk with a lawyer, your first visit is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment