Thursday, July 29, 2010

Me and my husband are thinking of becomming foster parents in the sate of PA. Any advice?

We have a 2 year old son, and a large dog, that we will not get rid of... I am concerned that we will be stuck with a trouble maker. We are thinking of going with Salvation Army agency...





What is the best catagory of children to request? school age? teen etc.... PLEASE ANY INFO WILL HELP!!!Me and my husband are thinking of becomming foster parents in the sate of PA. Any advice?
Adopting.org has a section dedicated to foster parenting. I highly recommend you check it out.





I know that your son is only two, but you should also make sure that he is going to be okay with having other children coming in and out of the house. He may get attached to them, and then when they leave he will be upset. Also, keep in mind that it is possible that you would be supervising a trouble maker, and that trouble maker will be around your son. If you are having strong doubts, then I suggest you hold off until your son is older and not as influential. Sure, you could still get stuck with a trouble maker, but then you might have better chance of really helping them out instead of being too worried about your own child...which is only going to make matters worse with the foster children.





I hope this helped. Good luck!Me and my husband are thinking of becomming foster parents in the sate of PA. Any advice?
It's ';My husband and I';...





Please don't consider foster care if you're having the concerns you're having. These kids need mature, responsible, loving co-parents. Not people looking to make money.
You wont get rid of a dog....your worried about a trouble maker..





I have been fostering for years and you





You do not need to foster.





Your lucky..you have a child already. Many people who foster can not have children.....





When anyone chooses a dog over the life of a child, the have taken the fact they can bear children for granted....





I love dogs, I have 2 myself...but I would never in the world choose a dog of the life and love of a child.





With your worries and stipulations, you need to have another of your own, and not consider fostering. Sounds like to many issues will arise before you even begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment