Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My husband and I are having an issue about my not having a job. Any advice? (please read details)?

Okay, I had a full-time job until May of this year. Then I got let go. My husband had used all his sick time by the end of March by interpreting ';sick'; as ';not having slept well,'; so when our kids got sick, it was up to me to call in every time.





He makes good money (I made next to nothing), and we aren't struggling by any means. I've cut out my spending money for the most part, and I've been doing other things to try to cut back to cover the difference. I've also been keeping the house really clean (something he didn't help with when I WAS working), going on field trips with my son's class, babysitting my niece, errand running, etc. I haven't been sitting around doing nothing all day.





I have no problem with getting a job, but I'd like to be able to take my time and find a job I would LIKE and would allow me to be there for my family. He wants me to get a job NOW, at a gas station or grocery store, even though I would never get to see him or our kids. Am I being unreasonable?My husband and I are having an issue about my not having a job. Any advice? (please read details)?
Perhaps he is stressed out about paying the bills? Perhaps there are bills that you don't know about, and the financial strain on the family is more than you are aware of? Regardless, I believe you have the smarter, more logical approach, find a job with flexibility, one that allows you to be more of a Mom and wife....and try to find out why he's so insistent. The truth is if you can afford to stay home with the kids, then that's the best choice you can make for them....My husband and I are having an issue about my not having a job. Any advice? (please read details)?
get a part time...look in the internet for job go to tsi...
Both jobless parents.........so, the kid could get a paper route and be better than you.......nice.......one more reason to have a test before people duplicate.....
I don't think he truly appreciates what you provide for the family by staying at home. He may be feeling a lot of pressure because he now is the sole income in the house. Perhaps as a compromise you could do something to make money from home like Avon, Partylite, etc. That way you are making money, contributing to the household income and can still be there for the family. It might also be helpful to tally up how much you spent on gas, clothes, lunches etc while you were working out of the house compared to what you are spending now. Men understand the bottom line and if that is his main concern, then some good hard numbers might be what will ease his mind.
He feels an inequity in the household. No amount of ';talking'; will convince him of that. The money that comes into the house is joint - that is it is yours and his. He is resenting you for using ';his'; money. That is his view. He is telling you much more than get a job. Listen to why he wants you to get a job... if you don't find something, he will develop a long term resentment. Why not find something until you can get something you like. In the mean time, work on not resenting him for his feelings. It is a viscous cycle.
Your husband needs to get a clue. It sounds like you being a stay at home mom is pretty profitable in ways other than money. Have you asked your kids what they prefer? You being home or working? The house is being kept clean, the kids see more of you which is only a good thing, and money is fine. You are budgeting well it sounds like.


He is being extremely selfish and not thinking of your children or what you want. I would tell him to suck it up and forget you getting a job. You aren't going to make much anyway, so what is the point? He needs to learn to share his money and to realize that he is the provider of the family.





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment