Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Advice on how to get it through my husband's head that our daughter does not wish to raise her child.?

My granddaughter is almost 5 months old and I have had her since birth. My daugher doesn't really come to visit her, come to doctors appt's or anything that a new mother would do with her child. My daughter did not bond with my granddaugher but I have. My husband keeps trying to force our daughter to be a mother to her child and I don't know how to make him understand that you can't make her be a mother if it's not what she wants. Our daughter wants to sign over custody to us but my husband is fighting that. I just don't know what to do...but I can't not take care of my granddaughter.Advice on how to get it through my husband's head that our daughter does not wish to raise her child.?
Well you need to do what you know is right by your granddaughter and her well being. You know that you granddaughter would not be taken care of without you. I think its this simple...you tell your husband that you are going to take full custody of your granddaughter. It's not disrespecting him in any way but you nor him can make your daughter be a good mother. I think he is being a little selfish personally. Your husband is your husband but your granddaughter is your flesh and blood and only an innocent baby.Advice on how to get it through my husband's head that our daughter does not wish to raise her child.?
That's sad but keep fighting I wouldn't want my granddaughter to end up in a bad home.
It's sad to say but see if another member of the family can take over. Or just put her up for adoption. Kids don't remember too much before 4 years of age. So if you did put your granddaughter up for adoption, then she won't remember anything of her past. You could always do open adoption, where you can get photos and status of her being with her family.





I'm sorry to hear that and Good Luck.





(Personally, I would find a way to be the one to raise the child if I was the grandparent. Therefore you know that she will be in a good family.)
I hate to say it, but put some pants on. Tell your husband the way it is. Legally adopt your granddaughter. Your husband will come around. Right now he's looking forward to getting on with life without looking after children. Anyone would see that you are doing the right thing here. If your husband isn't willing to open up his eyes maybe there are other issues at hand. (Personal issues with himself, with you, with your home, work etc...). Once that little baby has her own permanent room in your home, he will embrace the idea I;m sure. Your daughter will mature as well and eventually spend more time with her daughter. It may only be on an aunt type of level but she will be in her life at least. You know what you have to do. If you let your husband convince you otherwise you will resent him for the rest of your lives. Just walk up to him and say Hey look!

No comments:

Post a Comment